Kolkata's famous chicken roll or varitions like egg - chicken roll, chicken tikka roll, paneer roll etc..
Best way to have enjoy the Juicy and Spicy Chicken Rolls to be served hot and had right out the pan..
- boneless chicken, skinned & cut into 2" cubes
- yogurt / curd
- tandoori chicken masala
- nutmeg powder
- salt to taste
- mustard oil
- butter (optional)
- coriander leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- plain flour (maida) (dough)
- oil (for dough and frying)
- salt (to taste)
- large onions, finely sliced
- green chillies, finely chopped
- tomato sauce
- chat masala
- lemon, halved
- Optional Vinegar
- Wash the chicken cubes and beat a little with a kitchen knife.
- Sprinkle salt, lime juice and mustard oil over the chicken pieces and rub altogether.
- Add tandoori chicken masala and the nutmeg powder.
- Whip the yogurt & pour over the chicken cubes, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat oil/butter. Take out the chicken cubes from the marinade and fry them till tender and cooked thoroughly.
Making paranthas (for roll):
- Beat the eggs well with a little salt and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, add salt and oil and knead to form a soft dough. Divide the dough into roundels (the roundels will be slightly bigger than those for making roti / chapatti).
- Take a rolling board, and roll out a circular parantha (a little thicker than ordinary roti / chapati).
- Heat tawa / griddle and place the parantha on the heated tawa / gridldle. Cook one side then flip to cook the other side.
- Pour oil on the tawa / griddle and coat the parantha with the oil. Keep aside.
- Add oil again on the tawa / griddle and pour a little portion of beaten egg on the tawa / griddle. Quickly put a parantha on the egg and allow the egg to set.
- Flip the parantha over to the other side (egg side up) and cook till both sides are evenly fried.
- Remove the fried parantha from tawa / griddle. Keep aside.
Putting it all togather..
- Place the parantha (egg side up) on a serving plate and lay a portion of the cooked chicken pieces in a straight line in the middle of the parantha.
- Place sliced onions, chopped green chillies on the chicken cubes, add tomato sauce and sprinkle chat masala. Finally squeeze the lemon on the chicken cubes.
- Roll the parantha with the chicken stuffing firmly so that the chicken cubes do not fall.
- Wrap the roll in a tissue paper and serve hot with tomato sauce / chilli sauce.
Voila and your Chicken Roll or its variations is ready to eat..